Saturday, August 23, 2008

Debunking creationism, in Croatian

I need to move out.
And I'm tired of being gay, at the moment.

That's a good way to start.

Hey y'all. This is my delayed coming back to America post. I'm sort of pressed for time at the moment-- Jersey City Pride soon and whatnot, but I figured I should make a few bullets on what post-Japan's been like.

Flew into JFK in NY last Tuesday. I suppose it's been over a week now.
Jetlag was horrible. Took me a long time to get over it.
I haven't been up to much. Reading. Not studying for LSATs.
Went to Bookoff in NYC, finally-- a second-hand Japanese bookstore. Picked up some comic books.
Have been hanging out with my bicurious and cute galpals, Genna and Kazumi.

I was seeing them quite a bit last week. Went with them to a gay club, Rush. Didn't really enjoy it. Either I needed to be drunker or something else, but. I guess in general I feel really disconnected from club kids.

I had this plan, which I don't think I wrote in my blog, after my experience in China and Japan. That I would be more antisocial, less hopeful-- and by less hopeful, I don't mean that in any actual sense, I guess. I suppose what I mean is that instead of a sort of wide-eyed and expectant attitude, praying with every breath that I'll meet someone great, not necessarily someone I'm romantically interested in, but great nonetheless. Instead of having that sort of attitude, I would just...live, doing things that I do, sticking with my routine, work, work, work.

So, I guess not really antisocial at all.

Anyway, after the club, I met Jeremy, who's interesting. We're friends, who have hooked up a few times? I don't really know what to call it. He says 'friends', I say 'friends' for lack of a better term. I'm not really good with this sort of thing-- I didn't even realize that dating and being someone's boy/girlfriend weren't the same until...maybe two or three years ago?

I also met Steven yesterday, and a bunch of his friends. Pretty interesting. I'm pretty sure I came off boring, though. Sorry! Haha.

Also went to the pier on Christopher Street for the first time. Was pretty interesting.

"Interesting" is an adjective I like, nowadays.

I suppose I should shower. I'll try to come back and write something with a little substance later.
Later.

2 comments:

Darius T. Williams said...

Yup - dating and being someone's boyfriend have two TOTALLY different meanings - lol.

Anonymous said...

LOL everyone thought you were cool...

you and your step dancing!