Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Crimson King

So, I have a new computer. And since I am addicted to computers, getting a new one is like being reincarnated.

Just went out, put a computer on my debit...so nice to have money.

WIRELESS. Playing DVDs without major jerk. Downside is Vista, though.

So, the deal is: yesterday morning, my slightly tipsy ass is waking up. I sleep with my laptop in my bed next to me. I stretch as I wake up; my computer crashes off of the bed.

So, I take it for a free checkup, and the hard drive is dead. Good thing I actually backed most of this one up. Ugh. So, I'll be needing to get a new hard drive. The guy was offering to do everything for around $200, but I figure I can just get a hard drive for ~$100 and install it on my own. Then I just need to find a copy of XP/Vista lying around. Or maybe I'll finally move to Linux. OSX seems fun to pirate, too.

Anyway, I decided it'd be smarter at this point to just get a new computer. I spent around ~$500. This is officially me moving to baller status. Haha. I love being employed.

ALSO!?

Pocketbook from Jennifer Hudson is AMAZING. The beat, the voice, the dramatics...it is giving me record level dramatics. Even with Beyonce's album, it took me a long while to warm up. Whereas, as soon as I heard the first twenty seconds of Pocketbook, I put it on repeat.

I don't remember being this excited about fagging out to an album in so long. Excuse my language but...what else do you call it? Like, I'd almost go get some skinny jeans, a pocket book, some shades, and some lip gloss and start dropping to the floor in my room to this type of song...almost.

Almost.

See, what I also love about her album is that she can give me more soulful songs like "Spotlight" but still can give me a lot of pop with this.

I am officially all over Jennifer Hudson. I'm way too excited right now.

So excited, in fact, that I might need to go shopping today. Homework can wait.
[Also, sadly, I saw like half of those shoes I posted in Aldo? Well, lookalikes, but still.Now, most of them are no longer viable, especially with the prices they were asking.]

"Don't make me hit you with my pocketbook..."

Cheers and good morning, my lovelies.

No comments: