Friday, June 15, 2007

Crouched on a couch and ready for more.

It's seriously as if some vague, malevolent being does NOT want me to study abroad. Not to be overdramatic, but I am thinking that even IF I get everything sorted out, right before I am boarding my plane to Chicago/Michigan/wherever the layover is from which I am going to China, I will be hit by a bus.

I'm thinking of looking for my old rabbit's foot.

It started with my passport. But I needed to order my birth certificate. Then I had to go to Trenton and apply in person for my birth certificate. Then I needed to get someone to give me an address. Then they MISSPELL my middle name on my passport, which I can't correct because deadlines are coming.

And now, apparently some blockhead from my building has stolen my Chinese Visa forms. What good someone thinks might come from having a slip of paper in Chinese addressed to me, I don't know. Oh, maybe it might be that my social security number is on it?

Like, I'm just in shock kind of. I found out yesterday-- this person working at the Study Abroad office was like, "send this in by the 18th, blah blah", and I'm like..."Me no have." "They required signatures right, to get them?""...Oops."

And so, DHL just left them in the hallway.

I'm really seeing problems with my passport-- the misspelling is probably going to be a big deal when I get over there. Actually, I'm pretty sure things are just gonna go wrong-- and it's annoying, because I actually do have intentions of, y'know, getting shit done, getting a job. But then I have these emails & phone calls to deal with, trying to track down letters and figuring out what I'm going to do about my visa.

I miss being lucky. I'm even tempted to read my horoscope, just to see if there's any hope in the near future, heh.

[I'm also reminded of eating Chinese with Summer and Nakeefa recently, and my fortune cookie saying, "Better luck next time" or something like that. Haha. Oh, man.]

Otherwise, being me is completely fabulous. =P Permanently a pimp.

1 comment:

Keefa said...

I think the fortune cookie was blank if I remember correctly, which I think is bad luck.. but that doesnt help you at all does it? oh dear.